Palmtrees and Pogosticks: Lessons

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Faux Air Brushing/Splatter Backgrounds


I've given this tutorial multiple titles because your final effect really depends on the colours you use and the distance of your spray.

So, for supplies you'll need: Some coordinating reinkers, some mini spray bottles, and some rubbing alcohol.

Because I have limited spray bottles, I only make up a small amount of the mixture at a time. I used 4-5 drops of reinker with about a tablespoon of rubbing alcohol. You can make yours weaker or stronger, it's up to you!





Next, if you are wanting some sort of pattern, make a template. I took a piece of cardstock and a piece of the wax-y backing from transparency sheets, glued them together, then got out all of my circle punches and went to town.





Now, you can start spraying. If you have a template, be sure to hold it down tightly, or the masking may not work as well. Also, if you don't want to spray reinker and alcohol on your hands, I suggest you put on gloves before this step.





Here's what it looks like after this step:



If you want to add a bit more colour, feel free to mist your image to your heart's content. However, I suggest holding the mister further away from the image.

Here's what mine looked like after that. Then simply finish your card!



1 Comments:

  • I love all the lessons on your blog I will forsure link you on my page!

    By Blogger Valerie, at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home